Continuing with their series of chef takeovers, on Tuesday 6 June Belzan will welcome Luke Payne chef de patron of The Pack Horse in Hayfield. Ranked Number 18 in the Top 50 Gastropubs 2023, The Pack Horse in Hayfield is a Michelin Guide recommended pub nestled in the Peak District national park. Similarly to Belzan, the Pack Horse menu changes with the seasons, offering a unique snapshot of the British food calendar using the best local suppliers wherever possible.
For one night only, Luke Payne will take to the Belzan Kitchen serving up a seven course menu with optional wine pairing.
The menu for the night includes:
- Sea trout tartare, umeboshi
- Smoked char Sui pork belly
- Asparagus, cafe de Paris hollandaise, poached egg, summer truffle
- Steamed Pollock, IOW tomato dashi, courgette
- Lamb rump, pressed lamb shoulder potato, pickled morels, sea vegetables.
- White port glazed savarin, snowdonia bomber, pickled rhubarb
- Salted caramel custard tart, almond chantilly.
The event takes place on Tuesday 7 June at Belzan, Smithdown Road, at 7pm. The menu is priced at £85pp with an optional wine flight at £45 for 5 wines.
To book a table visit https://www.belzan.co.uk/reservations
For more information and upcoming events follow @belzan_lpl on Instagram.
Belzan is a popular neighbourhood bistro and wine bar on Smithdown Road, Liverpool. To discover more about the area, check out our Smithdown Road Restaurants and Bars guide.