Brouhaha International has announced that it is broadening its appeal and relocating its International Street Festival and Liverpool Carnival to Sefton Park this Summer.
Giles Agis, executive director also revealed that Brouhaha is collaborating for the very first time with LIMF and Liverpool City Council as part of the wider context of the music festival, enabling the Toxteth-based charity to expose its work to new audiences.
“We’re really excited to be performing alongside LIMF’s line up of local and renowned artists. Brouhaha will showcase a range of international acts we’ve been working closely with and LIMF neatly supports our own theme which is ‘Many Voices, One Song’.
Giles added: “We’ve been really busy so far engaging our international groups and performers by involving them in drumming, dance and costume-making workshops in schools and communities. The whole campaign is about helping bring people from all around the world closer together. We hope to encourage all generations, young and older, to get involved in the upcoming Liverpool carnival too.”
In 2017 to date, Brouhaha International carnival projects delivered in Cape Town, South Africa and Toulouse, France, with further projects in the UK, USA Belgium, the Netherlands and Ireland planned for the remainder of the year.
Brouhaha UK Itinerary Summer 17
- 4th – 6thJuly Sandfest International Residency
- 7- 9thJuly Edinburgh International Residency
- 10th– 12th July Central Library International Performances
- 15thJuly Beeston Festival Carnival
- 16thJuly Edinburgh Festival Carnival
- 17thJuly International Dinner
- 18th– 19th July Schools International Programme
- 19th– 21st July International Carnival Collaborations
- 20th– 21st July New Voices in Carnival Conference
- 22ndJuly Liverpool International Carnival
For more information visit http://www.brouhaha.uk.com/